Tuesday 11 February 2020

Reggae month - Robert Nesta Marley


Bob Marley played a mean game of football too

Week 2 of Reggae Month celebrates the life of Reggae's biggest superstar Bob Marley.  There is nothing I can say that you don't already know about one of music's biggest and most famous artists.   

This week Bob Marley would have turned 75. Despite his death at such a young age, Bob Marley is still one of the world's biggest selling artists, perhaps outsold only by the Beatles and Elvis.  Bob Marley's music still resonates around the world and he is spiritual hero to millions.

In my past life as a rather amateurish DJ, if there was a lull in the dance floor I only had to put Bob Marley on the sound system and people would have to dance.  One of the sure fire hits to get people moving was Trenchtown Rock.  I freakin' love this song!  Here's a fuzzy live video from the late 70's I guess. 


Enjoy Bob Marley and Reggae month.  Until next time - peace and love.