Sunday 16 May 2021

Mending not ending - again


Recently the Soldersmoke blog posted a link to this great video by The Spirited Man about fixing and repairing things.  I only wish I was half as good as this bloke at fixing things.  

I am currently doing battle with a salt pool chlorinator that's stopped chlorinating.  A call to the manufacturer for a few tips was turned into a sales pitch to buy a new one at $1380.  It's so easy to flash the plastic and buy another, but I refuse to do so - yet.  I am running out of ideas, but not yet ready to surrender to the evil lords of consumption.

On the plus side this morning I fixed a chair whose canvass seat had rotted away.  A piece of MDF board screwed on to the frame, some foam rubber and liquid nails has restored (maybe that's overstating it slightly - let's try 'returned') this chair into service in my shed.  A small victory over the evil lords!

Until next time, peace and love.