Wednesday 31 March 2021

Mending not ending!

 

Recently I came across an article by Jeff Sparrow in the Guardian about the gathering movement to force corporations to make their products repairable.  Laws are under consideration in the USA, but I am not aware if they are in Australia. 

One of my favourite podcasts is the Soldersmoke podcast which is dedicated to the art of homebrew radio and hosted by Bill and Pete. I immediately drew a connection between the article and the ethos of Bill and Pete's show and their philosophy on amateur radio.  Build and repair it yourself and learn how it works.

Anyway I shared the article with Bill and Pete and Bill has kindly posted it on the Soldersmoke blog along with the Repair Manifesto which Bill has on his wall in his radio shack. How good is that poster.

As Bill says, End Entropy!

Until next time, peace and love.